If you’re an immigrant living in Maui, you may wish to build a future here and eventually, become citizen of the United States. In order to achieve your goal, one of the things you need to do first is file for a Green Card application in Maui.
A Green Card holder has the right to establish lawful residency in the United States, live and work anywhere in America and petition their immediate family to come join them.
It’s important to keep in mind though that every situation is unique and requires legal advice that is tailored to every individual’s situation. That in mind, here’s what you need to know about filing for a Green Card application in Maui.
Why should you file for a Green Card application in Maui?
If you’re wondering whether or not applying for a Green Card is worth the hassle, you should keep in mind that immigrants who are granted theirs typically worry less about their future.
Green Card holders have the opportunity to live anywhere they wish in the U.S., look for any jobs that match their qualifications or start a business and, under certain circumstances, travel outside the country without worrying about their admittance back in.
Furthermore, a Green Card allows you to apply for a Social Security Card, obtain your driver’s license and of course, apply for citizenship after 5 years and once you meet all the naturalization requirements.
How do you know if you’re eligible to receive your Green Card?
There are numerous situations where foreign born immigrants may be eligible to apply for a Green Card application in Maui. Here are a few of the most common ones:
- Diversity Immigrant Visa Program – The program grants numerous Visas every year to people who have submitted a Visa application and were given the opportunity to move to the U.S. Lottery winners typically reside outside our country and immigrate legally through consular processing.
- Family-Based Green Cards – Parents, spouses and /or unmarried children under the age of 21 of a U.S. citizen are considered immediate relatives and may be granted a Green Card to come and join their families in America. This offers permanent residency for your husband or wife and / or your children.
- Fiancé Visas – If you are a citizen, you may also petition your fiancé to come and then get married here after he or she arrives.
- Immigrant Worker Visa – You may receive a Green Card through employment if you are a first preference immigrant worker.
- Stateside or Provisional Waivers – If your spouse entered without an inspection and is not eligible to adjust, he or she may be eligible for the new stateside or provisional waiver which will allow them to consular process without the uncertainty and length of absence of previous waivers.
- Refugee or Asylum Based Visa – Under certain conditions, a Green Card may be issued to those who came to the United States as a refugee or as a spouse and / or child of an asylee.
The process and requirements to file for Green Card application on Maui may vary, depending on each individual’s situation. Therefore, if you wish to consult with an attorney contact us! We can provide information that is specific to your circumstances and guide you through the Green Card application process.